Saturday 4 March 2017

Week 1 Day 4

Illustration



For this week we worked upon a fashion illustration tutorial which was held for two days. The Archive gallery also helped with finding new styles of illustrating through a lot of unfinished work and scribbles. For me I found this project/tutorial very exciting as drawing is one of my strong points however it also allowed me to ease up on my drawing skill and increase my knowledge upon know other methods of drawing and adding multiples of different elements to my illustrations such as paint, ink, pen, pencil, pastels, and so on. During the two days we focused on line drawing, blind drawing, storytelling into drawing etc. I do have to admit that in the beginning I struggled a lot when it came to the illustration as I was very mush used to neat and well proportioned illustrations as it was how I taught myself to draw and it was the way I was always encouraged to draw like so change my method of drawing and embracing new methods of drawing was extremely difficult for me but towards the end I felt that I did start to loosen up a little more. Nonetheless I feel like there’s many other methods of fashion illustration that I still haven’t come to grasps with yet and I hope to experiment with these in to the future to be able to find a way of illustration that works for me but at the same time is also exciting and has a story to it so I can keep getting better at it.



No comments:

Post a Comment