Saturday 4 March 2017


Week 2 Day 2


For my final piece I wanted to combine my digital print which I was working upon in the previous week to my final line up. By doing this I was practicing upon how I could display the patterns and where would be the most effective place to place it so I would worked a lot with Photoshop and mixed the patterns around and until I was completely happy with where I had placed the prints. When working with my designs I wanted to work with see through plastic fabric as well as digital print. I wanted to add this to my design as I want to show that even though society is full of ethnical stereotypes and prejudice we still choice to act completely oblivious to the issues, trying to cover up our ignorance even though it’s easy to find out about a person as an individual if we tried hard enough, but we simply judge a race by their given label whether its positive or negative we still try to tick it off as okay saying things like ‘well it’s a compliment’ or ‘I didn’t know, it’s not my thought’, ‘you’re a really good dancer for a white person’. Thinking that if we quote are statements like this it makes it somehow okay because we just didn’t know or maybe we just don’t care to know so we pretend the information isn’t there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment