Thursday 29 September 2016

Development project
Week 2

During this week we were sectioned into smaller groups and had worked upon a course of three different activities which include mannequin paper design, in depth creative thinking, and flat drawings.

In my opinion my most enjoyable activity was the mannequin paper design. I found this one most exciting as I was able to really exaggerate and go over the top when it came to designing with the paper; however what I found the most fun was creating unusual shapes and using only that shape within our design making. Through this I was able to come up with a number of very interesting displays that in my opinion really fitted within my inner genre of architecture. I also felt extremely fascinated by the curves and structures within my piece as it seemed the the mannequin had been trapped within it's own clothing like it had been confined with little to no space.   






















In a way this linked in with my in depth creative thinking lecture that we had with Dan as we had to pick out three words from our minds maps that we created (which is shown below) based upon our inner themes and pick of the words that catches our attention the most. I had decided to choose Broken, Frustration, and Confined as for me they I personally for these three words the most interesting and threw this I wanted to incorporate this into my mannequin paper design as a way of portraying my theme further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment