Thursday 29 September 2016

Week 2 day 4

 Today we produced life drawings and it was quite in enjoyable. I wouldn't quite say that I had chance the do life drawing before as in the past I was only able to draw from models who were fully clothed. Therefore this was a great experience for me as I was able to draw from life observation of a naked body. This was very useful as it really helped me when it can towards have to draw body figures for my fashion designs and also was a great section of work to add towards my portfolio. Nonetheless I felt a little more privileged then other members in my class as the model that we were drawing was in fact a male and as my final project is based sourly upon menswear this was a bonus for me as I could really focus upon the structure and not have to improvise later. 

Within the life drawing we learned a lot of techniques in regards to sketching the model and used a variety of different materials. This involved line drawing, drawing while standing up, blind drawing, movement drawing (drawing the model while he is in movement around the room) which in my opinion was


one of the hardest forms of drawing the model and so on. The materials that were used were charcoal, felt pen, pencil, ink pens, colored pens etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment