Sunday 13 November 2016

Week 1 Day 2

During this day we were creating more ideas using the mannequins with the clothing that we were taking pictures of the other day. With the clothing we used it to make new ideas and putting to clothing to a different part of the body which isn't its usual, for example using the trousers to make a top. I felt that this was a great method to really help me express original ideas and to come out of my comfort zone when it came to 'deconstruction' as I was able to think of ideas that I may not have given a second thought if I didn't try it on the mannequin first.

The next part of the day we had to unpick/cut our clothing to observer how everyday clothing is made and how it is constructed together. this was also very helpful as it gave me ideas of how and where I could attach the multiple of clothing together to make a complete outfit so the original garment is now longer recognizable.

With this we also used the mannequins once the clothing was unattached and tried out more new designs with deconstruction.   

No comments:

Post a Comment