Thursday 24 November 2016

Week 2 day 4

During this week I was working upon completing my final piece. Through this I decided to use a choice of three different clothing, which involved a thick grey coat, a black and which stripped shirt, and a pair of baggy denim jeans which was all added together to make a jacket. 

Being honest at first I didn't know what exactly I wanted to do at first with my garment and how I wanted it to work, as my ideas continuously changed. This meant continuous changing of clothing, colors, and the structure of the clothing and I really did struggle. Nonetheless I did mange to come up with an idea which presented a kind of over-sized jacket and displayed a kind of torn up, grunge look to it which at the moment I thought really worked as it really displayed the theme deconstruction as a way of combining different things together to make a whole piece. 

Nevertheless due to time I felt that my final piece was a little rushed and was not finalized to its ultimate best, as I felt that more could have been added to the garment or it could have been stitched in a neater format. I also felt that I could have added thicker kinds of clothing to the garment to make it more stable. 

However I still feel in some aspects it works so far as in my opinion is appears quite abstract.



No comments:

Post a Comment