Wednesday 2 November 2016

Week 8

Final Piece

Here I have shown one of the photos in regards to my photo shoot. I have chosen to work within straps as I felt that it was very effective in the essence of the inner theme 'confined', nonetheless I feel that the term 'confined' doesn't always have to resemble to suffocation. This is why I went a little deeper within my inner theme so it does not appear too obvious and still relates to the theme of 'Structural attachment'. Through this I did want my top to be spacious to present a sense of society and how we are entitled to our own freedom; however we still have that awareness of restriction and lack of full authority. This means that others of higher authority will still have that containment upon us whether we think they do or not. I also feel that the color really complements the top as the color seems almost lifeless in a way which could present a sense of depression and isolation as if the person wearing the top is imprisoned within the fabric. This can too be shown within the turtle neck and dolmen sleeve as a way of having no escape; being completely trapped.

If I were to repeat what my design I would make the straps a little shorter and so it fits the model correctly. I would have also made the neck space a little bigger as it was a stretch to put the garment over my models head. nonetheless there was no major difficulties in result of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment