Saturday 15 October 2016

Digital Print
Week 4


Through this week we had the opportunity to learn the grasp of Photoshop and how to use the system. During our week of digital print we were working upon duplicating patterns and adding other kinds of effects such as altering the color, adjusting the picture like changing the size or moving it across the page and so on. This was exciting as is it really gave me the knowledge of Photoshop and how to make and interesting but professional print. I would have to admit however that when I had first began with the workshop I did in fact find it very difficult but now I feel very confident independently using Photoshop with no trouble when it comes to pattern print. During the workshop I really wanted my patterns to link upon my chosen theme. This meant that I worked with quite abstract shapes and peculiar way of pattern as a way of suiting my theme. 

During the end of the week however we had a tour of the prototyping room where they showed us how each machine worked. This included the digital print machine. Through this we watched how our personal designs printed out onto fabric what exactly was the process of the making.

Here below I have shown the fabric of the print make that I had made; documented below to show my progress and the sheet with it was printed upon with the color completely removed.

Through this we also used are patterns and created mannequin designs.




No comments:

Post a Comment