Saturday 15 October 2016

Week 5 Day 1
Accessory Design

During this week we learnt how to make accessories towards our final project design. On the first day of our workshop we brought in object around our homes to use to make our practice accessories. For the first day I brought in cotton buds, wooden picks, DVDs, and straws. Even though we were meant to be working upon designing shapes that would be interesting in the essence of our accessories I however knew that I wanted to design glasses. This meant that I worked upon designing interesting glasses using the objects that I had brought in. 

I felt that the accessory design workshop was very helpful and something that I thought that I would not enjoy as much as I did so far as I knew that my pathway would not quite lead to accessory design but it was in fact very enjoyable and I feel that this could be added towards my final project piece.


Week 5 Day 2

After designing our practice accessories we had to work with manipulation by cutting or editing are accessories and adding it to models from magazines that suit the our chosen accessory design. As I had chose to work with glasses and glasses specifically designed for menswear I had to look upon close- ups photos and men and had added my accessory design to the model in an interesting and exciting way. I even thought about making some of my designs into a headband or some kind of head-wear.
Through the next part of the workshop we had to work upon mannequins to help us towards our final design for our accessory; however I unfortunately did not have a head to work upon with my design idea so I had decided to sketch out the my design instead to decide how I am going to design it. Through this I had chosen to use wooden pegs and a hot glue gun to attach the structure of the glassed together.   

Through my research I had taken inspiration from designers Sam and Agi as I found their work very fascinating and very captivating to look at. I also like the way the accessory on the face droops down from the model like it is actually attached to the face, as if the accessory is growing upon the model. That is what I found to the most unusual. I also loved the way it hides the models identity so the audience has no way of identifying. I felt this also adds to add to my inner theme of 'confined'
as we are confined within the accessory as it takes control of us and we no longer can control our self as the accessory takes all the attention away from us leaving us sightless and unable to move much losing all of our essential scenes and instincts. I also feel that the design is confusing and frustrating to look upon which makes us want to look at it more.


Image found: http://avisim.tumblr.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment