Sunday 30 October 2016

Week 7 day 2&3

During this week I have developed my final final idea and through this week going on I am now in the terms of making my final piece. Today I had worked up the pattern cutting and getting the right measurements from my model so it fits correctly on him. During my making as I was not developed enough to use measurements when drawing out the pattern I worked within another kind of method called 'draping' this aloud me to use a practice piece of fabric upon a mannequin and drape over it to create the shapes I needed for my pattern cutting. Considering that I was using a dolmen sleeve that mad it a lot easier. Through this I was able to have all the pieces needed to design my top by the end of the day. 

The following day after I had draped out my patterns I used the practice fabric pieces and traced around it on pattern-cutting paper. so it was ready to use when I start to make my top the next day using the cut pattern paper on fabric for my final piece. 



No comments:

Post a Comment