Sunday 30 October 2016

Week 6

During this week I am starting to come towards the end of my project and my final piece is in the process of being designed . Through this week however I have been finalizing everything and brainstorming on an outfit.

This would include quick flat drawings, mannequin design, and more working within shapes. Nonetheless I was able to think of efficient ideas towards the end of the week and had chosen to design a top for menswear. This particular idea had stemmed from my original idea of designing an over-sized coat for menswear, unfortunately with limited time this would have taken awhile to actually make which gave me the idea of altering the coat into an over-sized top instead, also my color had been chosen as well as I have decided to go for grey. The particular choice had been made solely through my theme being confined. I originally wanted to go with either the colors of a rich green or blue; however I did not feel that these colors linked upon my inner theme being 'confined' as it is more upon the terms of being hidden; restricted of freedom and choice, in restraint which is more so seen as quite dark and negative and gloomy in a way. And what better color then grey to present that description as grey is seen as camouflaged and dull; restricted of it's color. Also grey is a color that we seem to overlook as it's not as rich and exciting as other colors, yet its also not iconic and bold like white and black therefore it is forgotten.   



No comments:

Post a Comment