Sunday 2 October 2016

Knit 
Week 3

During this week we had been set into three separate groups; between each group either having a tutorial of fashion promotion, digital print, or knitting. In this instance I had choose between which tutorials we would rather do and I had decided to choose knit and digital print. Nonetheless this week I was doing knit with Bid.  

If I were being very honest I would have to say that when I started using the knitting machines, personally I found it quite difficult and it took me and my group that I was working with a long while to make just one singular small piece of knitting garment, which really should not have taken to long and causing us to ask for help continuously. However it was our first time actually using the machine so making mistakes and spending a lot longer on each knit would be understandable, and fortunately throughout the week we did become a lot faster with using the machines and our mistakes and need for constant help began to lessen.

Personally I felt that this week was very useful and I had gained a lot of knowledge through my experience; learning a variety of knitting techniques such as stripes, the orange peel, the volcano, laddering, and many more and also how to use the machine in itself. My experience also gave me a new insight to knitting as I wasn't really that excited about this particular way of sewing nor did I really want to take the time to learn it, through this week I realized it was a lot of fun and now I would have no problem doing it again, plus I would definitely consider adding knitwear towards my project. So overall I felt it was an enjoyable experience as well as intense and I really have no regrets taking this tutorial. 


No comments:

Post a Comment