Sunday 2 October 2016

Personal Research
Week 3

Through my own personal research for my project I had taken a trip to my local library to gather inspiration and ideas that could potentially be put towards my final piece for 'Structural attachment'.

Within my research I had borrowed a variety of books including architectural books which which links to my inner theme as I had decided to start off with architecture. The next books that I had decided to borrow books based off of art such as cubism. I had chosen this book in particular as I felt that it really linked to my three words which we had to choose last week (broken, frustration, confined) I felt that cubism in a way links to my theme through the perception of a kind of on structured style of art and making the art very had to identify to the viewer. I found this very fascinating useful as inspiration for a garment. 

3D and abstract shapes was also another book that I thought i'd take a look as just like cubism I found the illusion of the shaped and it's ability to appear as though the shapes are consistently within movement as though they are right in front of the viewer captivating and bizarre.

Nonetheless I felt that borrowing these books was extremely helpful towards my project as it gave me an insight to other interesting ways of make my project appear bold and unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment