Saturday 11 February 2017

Week 2 Day 2




Here I have shown the step by step of my garment making. For me I felt that this particular garment was an ongoing creation, meaning I felt that I kept  having to change the garment over and over again as everything I tried to do to the garment it just seemed to not work for me, it just did not look right. This referred to my pillow shapes that I felt was a good idea to add the garment at the time but the more I tried to work with it the sillier it looked when actually looking at the physical piece in opposed to the image in my head. This was an issue for me as I felt there was no way of my garment looking good but still representing my ideas at the same time. Nonetheless I came to the realisation that the rest of the piece was absolutely fine, the only thing holding it back was the 3D shapes. This made me think that I should just abolish the pillowed shapes completely but still finding another way of adding them in without it appearing irrelevant, leading me to come to the conclusion of making the shapes into a solid flat piece which balances upon the garment rather than curving within it like it did before.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment