Wednesday 5 April 2017

AWA

Week 2 Day 2



To further my exploratory stage within my chosen theme I decided to make some surveys to find out what people thought upon the topic of addiction and their thoughts on ones mental and physical connection to addiction. When displaying my survey I asked about 18 to 20 people, with around about 8 questions around my topic.

 Through this I asked a variety of questions such as what colours they thought connected to addiction, and if they thought that addiction was considered a mental disorder etc. I wanted to look into different views on the topic and if a majority of people have similar ideas, and how did they even come about with these ideas? Did it come through the knowledge of the media, or through background experiences, from how they were brought up? That’s what I wanted to find out. How does society look upon addiction is it seen as something positive and cool, or something negative and dark, or is it considered both, and is addiction even a form of attachment, something we as individuals can get pulled into with one bad choice. 

When looking at the results of my survey there were a few answers that I was quite intrigued by as I could see that quite a number of people felt that colours being identified with addiction was very related to red, blue, yellow, black, green, purple, brown, and some people also thought of neon colours when thinking about addiction regarding it’s captivating and intimating colours. I’m guessing these particular colours were chosen because of their daunting image reminding us of darkness and pain, referring to the colours red, black, blue, brown etc. with these being the most common amongst my answers.

When asking people about rather they saw addiction as only negative, I was surprised to see that quite the majority said no; stating that it really depended on the situation and circumstance as some addictions are harmless; however the few who said yes felt that having too much of something or exceeding your limits is bad regardless what the obsession may be and can still be harmful in the long-term.


No comments:

Post a Comment