Wednesday 5 April 2017

AWA

Week 3 Day 5


For these past few days I have been experimenting with repetition, and exceeding your limits by piling up my obsessions and on the ground and taking photos of it, using the photos to create Frankenstein’s and seeing how it would look on a person and the kind of shapes they are able to create. This idea I felt sprouted from my research upon the celebrities and being overloaded with wealth but having the consequences of being consistently in the eyes of society and having this burden on them to always be perfect; to be these kind of role models to the world as its what’s expected of them. This then had me thinking how we also have pressure from society; whether its’ around school, appearance, money, we have some kind of responsibility that will always leave us with stress and anxiety which most of the time is the reason for us  turning to our addictions. I feel that our obsessions, whatever that may be is a symbol of us carrying our burdens, issues, stress, pain, all being shoved into that one infatuation so much to the point where it becomes unbearable to hold around and begins to weigh on us, suffocate us, where we’re soon unable to go on anymore.

Through this I hope to make a practice garment to how to technique could be brought out onto an actual garment and how exactly I could make it revolving around the structure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment