Wednesday 5 April 2017

AWA

Week 3 Day 2


During the few weeks of my project I have been doing a lot of in-depth research and really exploring a lot of areas where I can find research that really links into my work. One of the kinds of media which I’ve been using is videos, where I particularly looked into music videos. I was very interested upon their bright and vibrant colours with a strong statement upon the theme of the music which in my case was mostly revolved around drugs, and being completely out of it. I felt that most of the videos showed a strong similarity when it came to this adventurous display in their use of colour and setting I kept seeing a lot of pink, green, yellow, orange, blue, turquoise, purple, in either a kind of closed off surrounding or just the background filled a single colour. The music videos were also very random with a very fast pace, I’m guessing to leave its viewers confused and unsure to what’s actually going on just like if you were to have the effects of actually being drugged up, having no control over your own body and in one’s mind being disconnected from reality and somehow feeling as though you’re in another world because that’s what the addiction is injecting the mind with so everything appears as a blur; some powerful hallucination.

Through watching the videos I was able to have some kind of idea within what colours I was thinking of using and what kind of patterns I will start creating. Just like the colours that I had been seeing in the music videos, these are the kind of colours that I was looking to use as I felt that they could really bring my theme to life and show it off in a way where it shows a kind of propaganda of addiction and how it can be presented by the media as something cool and youthful, also the way our mind feed us with this perception that our obsession and attraction is something pleasurable and exciting. I feel as though we tell ourselves, or try to force ourselves into believing that our obsessive behaviour is nothing but innocence and a mere playfulness to distract us from our real issues; A chance for us to bring out our inner child and not have to worry about reality, but stay in our bubble of craze, and lack of self- control.

With this I will be playing around with the shapes and colour and using it as a starting point in my design development.

Beenzino- Time Travel
BTS- Mama 









No comments:

Post a Comment