Tuesday 16 May 2017

AWA

Week 7 Day 5


During this week, and my project slowly beginning to come to its end I had decided to practice making my outer top as this kind of styled top I wasn’t quite familiar with, nor was I sure where exactly to place the complications of my garment.

When doing this I used calico to make my practice piece. I felt that practising this top went very well as I learnt how to add on a hood and how to successfully add sleeves as before it wasn’t something I was completely confident in so I was glad that I was able to learn that. Also learning how to sew a complete piece together with no help from anyone was something I was pleased with as well as I felt that my sewing skills are getting a lot better.

Nonetheless if I were to improve when it comes to make the garment for real I would fix the hood part of my top as I felt that it was slightly wonky and out of proportion when it had been sewed; however when it comes to making it for real I will have one whole front piece and one whole back piece instead of sewing two half’s together.   

I had chosen to do this is I felt that I needed more practise in the essence of my making skills to become more better, plus the outer top that I was making was quite a complex piece to make which meant that it would be best that I practice it before I made it as there would be no doubt that I would make a lot of mistakes if I just rushes straight to making it.

What I hope to do after making my practice garment is getting everything ready for when I make my final piece and be completely confident and to be sure of what exactly I need to do when it gets to that stage so nothing goes wrong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment