Tuesday 23 May 2017

AWA

Week 8 Day 5


After the shoot I wanted to have a film on the side with my photo shoot. I choose to do a film as I felt it would be a good idea to see the movement of the garment on someone and to just see it from all angles rather than just a still frame. This meant that I needed to plan my storyboard and the setting of where I wanted my film to be.



When it came to the filming I choose this section in my Uni building that kind of looked like an alleyway. I felt the setting would be great for my theme as it was very simple but very effective at the same time and showed off this kind of enclosed space as if the walls were closing in with my model becoming trapped within his surroundings. I also liked the colour of the setting and felt that it really meshed well with the model and the garment.

As it was a small space instead of a flat white wall this allowed for me to move around more and film my model from different angles without it looking a bit peculiar. The lights in the setting, I felt was a great touch as it added more depth to the garment; blossoming the colours. Nonetheless as it was a small space this made filming my model extremely difficult as there wasn’t much room to move around, or to get many far out shots, so if I were to redo the film I would most likely find a bigger area; not to say that the look of the area wasn’t good it was simply down to lack of space.

Another issue that I found when filming was the short clips where quite shaky even though I was very careful to not move my camera around a lot but for it to be still would be close to impossible when filming by hand instead of using a tripod which is why for the future I would make a tripod my essential, but overall, despite some of the flaws I felt that the clips were very successful with my level of filming.

As I wanted it to be a short film I made sure that I made the clips brief; giving each up to 2 to 3 seconds and showing key parts within the short seconds.

When it came to the editing of my film I had a friend help me with that, as editing wasn’t my specialty but in my opinion it went very well and I think that the film turned out very well.   

  Behind the scenes of Filming 


 The making of the film

No comments:

Post a Comment