Tuesday 23 May 2017

AWA

Week 8 Day 5


As it’s the last week of our final major projects and we have come to the end of making our full garments in this week we spent the whole day photographing our final pieces as a way of finalizing our work.

As I was doing menswear yet using bright, blossoming colours I felt that a white back drop would be the most suitable for my garment in terms of making my garment stand out, and more so complement the outfit rather than over- powering it in terms to say if I were use the more bolder colours such as black and red, which would take away elements from which my garment has to offer as the colours are very soft and simple it would become lost within the background.

When choosing my model I wanted him to be kind of tanned, beige as I felt that this skin colour would blend well with the piece instead of the two contrasting with each other. I also felt that his kind of skin colour really worked well with the colours of the outfit as I focused on nudes and pinks which suited him very well.

The presentation of my garment showed this kind of childish and playful concept to it as the outfit was quite simple and laid back. I felt my model could really show off this concept as when it came to the shoot he had this kind of innocence and youthfulness to his face, or what really showed in the images; however I felt this allowed the garment to come to life and telling this story of being exposed of our child within but not being able to break from our bonds; strapped down and restricted by our means of safety.

Furthermore for me I felt that the photo shoot went very smoothly once it came round to it, and I found it enjoyable when watching the models physically in the final pieces as it really did impact the appearance of the garments and showed off its structure. At first I wasn’t quite sure what to do when the shoot began; however as more pictures were being taken I could start see what poses I wanted to be achieved in the shoot which would really work with my theme.
Nonetheless I really enjoyed the day and I felt that my images looked amazing, and really presented my theme quite nicely but all in all it was a great experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment