Tuesday 16 May 2017

AWA

Week 7 Day 4



During this week I made a decision to change the colour for my final piece. When designing my garment I originally wanted to go for neon colours such a bright green, yellow, pink, orange etc. where I had chosen to narrow my colours down to bright sunset yellow and faded pink with a bright tangerine orange; however as my project was starting to become closer to the making and it came to buying the fabrics I came to the realization when I really saw the colours mixed together with the fabrics that these particular colours would not all work together and they do not match, not even in a good way.

When finding this out I felt that my colours need to be more similar to one another so they can complement one another and really stand out as a whole garment rather than each piece of clothing pushing for attention and just contrasting with one another.

Furthermore when it came to thinking about the new colours that I was now going to choose I first thought about which colour I preferred the most out of the colours that I had at that moment in time then find a way to take that one colour and go from there to finding similar colour that would benefit that colour. When choosing the one colour I realized that I really liked the faded baby pink colour that I would be using on the trousers of my final print through the pattern I made. The reason why I liked the colour was I loved the simplicity yet the boldness of colour and the way it showed off my theme really well through the pink complementing the jelly babies and still standing out as its own colour but at the same time still not taking the attention away from the jelly babies. I also liked how it contributes to this kind of old-fashioned look to it like it’s somehow part of the past with the way the colour feels like its fading into the back; disappearing from its own image, or disappearing back into the past. This was something I found captivating about the colour. This led to me choosing pink as my basis colour and basing the other colours around this.     

When it came to the outer top that I would be creating I decided to go for a kind of nude but vibrant pink as I felt that it would really be able to cope with the boldness of the patterned trousers but still contrasting and complementing the pattern at the same time where it just works as one. For the inner top I decided to go for a complete nude, where it would almost match the skin of my model but feeling like it is replacing the models skin. I chose this colour as I did not want the inner top to take the attention away from the outer top and the trousers but more so being used to just complement and add to the outfit rather than competing with the two.   

Nonetheless to narrow it down I had decided to now go with blossomed pinks and nudes as my inspiration is upon obesity and the body as well as my past and childhood this would make more sense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment