Tuesday 16 May 2017

AWA

Week 8


As my project is now drawing to an end this week I have been in the process of make my final piece. For my garment I have all the materials to sew it as well as the digital print pattern. Here I decided to show the step by step for how I made my outer top as for me it was the most difficult to make and took up the most of my time out of all of my pieces as it had the most steps within its making.  



1. I started by making the pattern cut for all of my pieces needed and using it to cut it out on my fabric.


2. I pinned the fabric that I cut out onto my wadding so I could have the same shape to use for the filling.


3. Once pinned I cut the wadding, but I made sure that the wadding was slightly smaller than the fabric to have room to stitch.


4. Once I had it all cut I pinned a slightly thinner fabric which I had pre cut to the same shape, almost so each piece looks like a sandwhich with the two fabrics and the wadding.


5. when everything had been sewed together I used a ruler and put a number of lines through the pieces. This would be used to sew a line through so it has that lumpy effect and the lines are straight. Though I only came up with this idea when it got to the sleeves.


6. Here I have shown myself sewing through the lines.


7. Here I have shown what it looks like when I have sewn all the pieces together.


8. Here I showed the extra pieces that I have added to my outer top so it looks like my designs; focusing upon the straps that i have added.


9. For the other sleeve I had to cut the whole sleeve in half then made it neater by sewing it. I then added on the straps by hand sewing in buttons.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment